Teach your children about "sneaky people" instead of the term "stranger danger".
Telling kids to be afraid of strangers doesn't really protect them since it is often people they know that will hurt them.
- Sneaky people try to get kids to do things in secret.
- Sneaky people try to get kids to hide things from their mom and dad.
- Sneaky people don't want kids to ask their parents' permission to do something.
- Sneaky people want kids to go somewhere with them without telling their parents.
- Sneaky people ask kids for help even though they're grownups and don't need help.
- If you're a kid who needs help and your parents aren't around, find a mom with kids and ask her for help.